Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My first

Love. Continuing with the blog challenge albeit a day late. I had to think about this one.

My personal view of love is that true love is finding your life partner. Now that is not to say that I did not care deeply for people. There are times when I thought I was in love, but being where I am now I would say that I wasn't. At the time I had not yet experienced true love. That I feel I found with my husband.

Now I did have previous relationships and there are 2 people who stick out in my mind. That at the time I cared greatly for and will always hold a special place in my heart.

My on and off relationship over 5 years with Dan, was in a sense my first love. He was a skater boy and I adored him. To this day almost 10 years later I still have contact with him and his partner, we have known each other now 15 years wow. He has a beautiful little boy. Aside from my husband he knows me best and we can talk about anything even to this day. He always has and always will be one of my best friends.

I also had a long term relationship with a guy named Jon. We lived together for a few years, in which I learned cohabitation is bad before marriage, but I degrees. We were just not meant for one another and things ended on a bitter note and I am responsible for that. I feel a lot of guilt for how I treated him  when the relationship came to an end and I wish I handled it differently.

Both of theses guys, now men, were very special to me. One knows it and I hope someday the other realizes it as well. They will always hold a special place in my heart and I have so many fond memories.

But when it comes to true love that title falls to my husband. He taught me what true love really means.

3 comments:

The Christian Homekeeper said...

Oh Serena, your post was beautiful. Its so rare for people to be transparent about mistakes and feelings and I think its a truly admirable trait. Your transparency helps others in ways you may not even imagine!
Love
Sylvia

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love this that you can maintain a friendship with past loves. I fell in love a lot but until I met my hubby did I know true love. I'm thankful to know it. Challenge is hard uh?

Lola P said...

Great post Serena. Thank you for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails