Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Kitchen tip Tuesdays

I know, I know, I had the perfect opportunity to take pics for this post. I promise to try and get my act together in the future. :)

Here is a tip for how to create stick free cakes, and guess where I learned it? My husband. I know, I am still in shock too :P

So we all know when baking a cake it is essential to grease the plan. Now this can be done a variety of ways and using varies butters, fats, or oils.

Here is how I do mine, and the cakes slide out perfectly intact.

1. Grease the bottom and sides of the pan with baking butter. It is called that in Germany, I am sure you could just use any old butter. I use a piece of baking paper to apply it.
2. Once you have a thin coat of grease, sprinkle loose flour over the top, all along the bottom and sides.
3. Then you are ready to drop in your cake batter.

Works like a charm.


Check out more kitchen tip at Tammy's Recipes

2 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome tip, I always use spray pam but easy to miss spots.

Unknown said...

Don't use Pam... adds too much oil,and I don't like the taste lol. But, Pam is just a spray oil.

A neater trick.. if you are making chocolate cake, take out a teaspoon or three (of the DRY chocolate mixture) to coat the bottom and sides of the cake pan. And you can do the same w/other cake batters.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails