Friday, December 4, 2009

A2 ist fertig

Well for the most part that is. We did the majority of our test today. That included reading, writing and listening comprehension. We were supposed to do the speaking component as well, but after waiting 45 minutes for an additional instructor to make an appearance, our teacher said the hell with it, she will call in her assistant next week. I believe I did pretty well over all. I know that I made mistakes, but I understood this test better then the A1 and I consider that a substantial improvement. I will find out Monday the grades on these three components of the test, and then the completed score late next week.

So next we will take on b1, and then the orientation course, before taking on the b1 test next March. In a few weeks we will be getting a 3 week Christmas beak and I look forward to that as a time to wind down and relax, but also to catch up and refresh on some tough spots.

I am glad that we are coming toward the end of the course, but at the same time I am a bit saddened. I have made so many wonderful friendships, and I look forward to the class daily. And while I am sure many of these friendships will remain outside of the course parameters, I am a bit disappointed for the days when I no longer get to look forward to the next days course.

But I am truly happy with the progress that I have made. Liberating is an understatement in terms of the changes it has made in my life. I think that two often we are quick to judge immigrants, but really have no standing to talk until we too stand within their shoes. I came to Germany with 2 suit cases, a carry on bag, and two words of German. And for the first time in my life I know what it feels like to start a new life in a foreign world, and I have nothing but the utmost respect for everyone who conquers that difficult task.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails