Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pork Fried Rice

Alright guys here is the Pork fried rice I make. 



This recipe is a variation of the original from Kai, Cooking with Kai, on youtube. You can view the original video here

You will need:
3 cups cooked rice cold (I cook mine the day before and refrigerate)
2 eggs
500 gram minutes steaks (thin pork chops) cut into thin strips
2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic chopped
dash of ground ginger
1 carrot diced
1 onion diced
1 stalk celery diced
1/2 can corn

Start with a preheated wok. Add in oil and then the garlic, let brown a minute and then add the onion, cook until caramelized. 

Add the pork and cook until done, about 3-5 minutes. Scoot to one side of the pan.

On the other side crack in and scramble your two eggs. When fully cooked mix in with the pork.

Add in the vegetables and let cook for about a minute. Then add rice to the mix. 

Add in salt, sugar, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix together and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

:)







4 comments:

Sommer said...

Great job, Serena! Looks delicious.

Sonya said...

I agree..it does look delicious! I could eat chicken or pork fried rice every single day..and never ever get tired of it..lol

SK said...

that looks great!! I will try it when I come back but I think I will change it to beef instead. I guess I can use those rinder rouladen thin steaks and cut it up, no?

Lost in Translation said...

Yes you could easily make it with beef.

I have used those thin minutes steaks as well as the cubed gulash style cuts. I just gut them up even smaller.

So you could do the same with beef without issue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails