Saturday, December 31, 2011

3 Bean Enchiladas/ Vegetarian Chili

Tonight we had three bean enchiladas for dinner. I adapted my recipe from this one I found on pinterest. It was delicious. Even my schnitzel loving husband gobbled it up.


I apologize for the lack of photos. But I cook for taste and not aesthetics, and if I showed you my food, you just might run away screaming. :D But I assure you it tastes great.

Ingredients:
2 can diced tomatoes
1 cup Chickpeas
2 cups Lentils
1 cup Kidney beans
200g plain yogurt
1 pack taco seasoning and or chili powder
2 onions diced
2 carrots grated
Olive oil for frying
1 bag or half a loaf shredded cheese
6 tortillas

I always start by having my items precut, cans opened, everything ready to go. I used left over canned kidney and chickpeas, but cooked dried lentils while I did the other steps of the recipe.

1. Fry your onions and carrots until soft in oil for about 5-8 minutes.
2. Add in your tomatoes and seasoning and let simmer about 5 minutes. Then add in your beans and continue to let simmer a few minutes. You now have vegetarian chili if you want to stop here.
3. In a casserole dish spread a thin layer of chili along the bottom.
4. Add about 2 spoons chili to each tortilla and lay on top of the layer already in the pan.
5. When finished add another thin layer of chili along the top.
6. In a bowl mix your yogurt and cheese. Then spread over the top of the enchiladas.
7. Bake on 175c until golden brown.

I had enough enchiladas left over for another lunch plus some extra chili I plan to poor over rice for another dinner.

I hope you like it, let me know if you try it. :D

1 comment:

Sonya said...

YUM!! I am bookmarking this to make aswell :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails