Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100 in 2012

So we already talked about my other challenge for 2012,2012 in 2012, to rid my home and life of 2012 items that no longer receive the love they once did.

I have a second challenge for myself this year. I am challenging myself to read 100 books in 2012.




Sound like a lot right. Well it is an average of 8 books a month, or  a week. Is it doable. I dunno, but I will sure try. I love to read at night in bed, as well as in the bath, and I am turning to reading in my free time while my son naps rather then sitting online, have no fear I use that time for other important stuff like putting away everything he pulled out of the cupboards before his nap as well :)

Each month I will post up my reading plan as well as an update at the end of the month to track my progress.

Book lists:

Totals   
Books completed:
End of Dec through end of Jan
1. How to declutter your home and your Life: Minimalist concepts to help you start organizing today by Martha Sinclair (Free did a kindle book swap)
2. Cyber Junkie by Kevin Roberts (8.69 sale on amazon)
3. The simple guide to a minimalist life by Leo Babauta (8.95 on amazon)
4. Simplify by Joshua Becker (.99 sale on amazon, used .03 gift card so .96)
5. Miss minimalist: Inspiration to downsize, declutter, and simplify by Francine Jay (.99 on amazon)
6. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Duggard (11.99 on amazon free with giftcard)
7. Family Sized Minimalism Simplifying life at home by Faioth Jones


Updates:

January 2012
My goals for this month were to finish the following books
  • The Zen Path through depression by Philip Martin On loan from the library for 2 weeks. Just started

  • Update not yet done carrying to Feb had to recheck out from the library

  • Cyber Junkie by Kevin Roberts Purchased on Amazon.com for 8.69 In progress

  • How to declutter your Home and your Life: Minimalist concepts to help your start organizing Today By Martha Sinclair On loan from another Kindle for 2 weeks user In progress


  • Clutter Clearing Choices: Clear Clutter, Organize your Home, & Reclaim Your Life by Barbara Tako On loan from the library for 3 weeks In Progress

  • Update Did not finish in time on my hold wishlist again

  • The Joy of Less. A minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify your life Purchased on Amazon.com for 9.99 In Progress

  • Update not yet finished carrying into Feb

  • Family Sized Minimalism: Simplifying Life at Home by Faith Jones Purchased on Amazon.com for 4.99 In Progress


  • The New becoming Vegetarian : The essential guide to a healthy vegetarian diet By Vestano Melina Bought on Amazon.com for 9.99 In Progress

  • Update still in Progress carry over

  • The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsy Bought on amazon for 8.99 In progress

  • Update still in Progress carry over

    Goal for the month 8 Finished 7, not too shabby!

    93 to go!

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails