Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where in the world is...

It's been awhile so I figured it to be a good time for just a fun updated about what is going on with us these days.


Teenie is almost 8 months old. Where oh where has my baby gone. I can hardly believe he will be 1 year old in just a few months time. He is so alert, aware of his surroundings and so playful. He loves to cuddle. We fought long and hard to breast feed (I will post the full story separately) and I am very proud to say we are still going strong with no end in sight in the near future. He has started purees, though I myself would have preferred a more baby led weaning approach. But he is on now staring finger foods, so I get my kicks too.

He loves to jump. He does not care if he is in the jumperoo or in your lap. He rolls all over the place. He does not yet crawl but is pretty mobile doing it his own way. He has amazing hand control and loves to play with new things, especially items he should not touch like cables.

We are still cloth diapering and transitioning to a 24/7 cloth routine adding in night time as well.

I am very focused on attachment parenting. I still wear him in the ergo carrier, though my ability is limited by lower back pain. Toni enjoys wearing him as well.

I have been reading up on developmental and sensory play and am starting to explore new way to play and help him learn through exploration. I am working on building up a small library so I can read more to him. I am sure he is getting tired of the 1 or 2 books I have.

We are raising him bilingually. I speak English and his father speaks German. We are also working on baby sign language.

There is just so much I want to do with him, so much I am discovering now that I wish I had done. But I am happy to be adding some new things to our days now and watching him grow and develop into a litter person.

Toni has been enjoying his one month Elternzeit (paternity leave) with Teenie. He has really enjoyed participating in some of the daily tasks he would otherwise miss. Though he still has no interest in going anywhere near cloth diaper, tee hee. He has really gotten into photography lately. As have I. I hope to get photoshop and star working one editing and organizing photos, maybe I will post a few up here from time to time. We have also talked about looking into a few new hobbies such as bird watching as well as visiting more places in our area. Taking the time to look for events and happenings versus just traditional touristy and often costly attractions.

I have been working on restructing my day to day life. Getting off the computer and getting out more. Hope to get involved in some small groups with Teenie. I am working on improving my home arts- cooking and baking more. Working on crafts and teaching myself skills like sewing and knitting. Also been reading up tons on Montessori and Waldorf education and planning ahead a bit (mainly due to how hard resources are to come by over here). Still enjoy reading and movies of course. Not much time these days for things like sims, but when I have time it is fun. Really into making things myself at the moment. I have a huge list of projects I want to make on pinterest, just need to get some materials so I can get started. Working hard at a frugal lifestyle and paying off debt to work towards a better future :) I am also really into a more substainable way of life looking into household reusables healthier eating and things of that nature.

So I keep myself pretty busy these days. Right now I have been working on getting caught up in the house before Toni goes back to work. Packing up the outgrown clothing and baby items. Weeding out excess or random items sitting around the house with no purpose. I really want a nice simple clutter free home. Then I can take a look at what I have and what I still need. I am so tired of being bogged down by clutter, which is of course my own fault, but ha.

So much I want to do and so little time. I am doing my driving exam next week and then Toni will teach me how to drive. We are both working on trying to get a bit healthier and make positive changes now since we realize our actions and choices will be learned by teenie.

Teenie is napping at the moment and he when he wakes up we will take for a walk around the city. I need to work some on the house. Working on my kitchen today trying to get things organized and inventoried. Then it will be dinner time. Tonight I am cooking some sloppy joe pasta with baugettes and veggies. Hmm or maybe cheese bread, we will see.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails