Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One dish dinner- Spatzle and rindfleisch

I tried to take pics of this meal. But no matter what I did it came out looking like baked beans every time. I am working with a point in click after all. Someday I will save up and buy one of those fancy cameras its a small dream:)

Any way this is a quick and easy one dish dinner.

You will need:
Cooking oil of your choice- I normally use olive
Rindfleish/ cubed beef or pork- this is the same cut you would buy for gulash
salt
pepper
paprika
Jager sauce/ or a brown gravy
Spatzle (German egg noodles)- I do not buy the dry kind, I use the refrigerated kind- if you use dry you will need to cook those in advance

1. Start by cutting the cubed beef or pork into even smaller bite sized pieces.

2. Brown that in a frying pan and season with salt, pepper, and parprika (or seasonings of your choice)

3. After the meat is cooked, add the spatzle noodles and some oil. You are going to continue to fry them until they are golden brown

At the same time, mix up your jager sauce. I use my water cooker and mix it in a cup, I do not precook it on the stove in a seperate pan but the water will need to be hot or the sauce will just clump.

4. Dump the sauce over the meat and noodles. Let this simmer until you have a nice thick consistency and it should have a nice coating on the noodles

You can serve this with a veggie on the side

Makes a super quick and easy one dish dinner and only costs about 3 euro.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stopped by to say thank you for your comments and for posting my button on your blog - and saw that you are prego! Congrats!! Just a couple more weeks until you can find out what you are having! Are you going to? I am having a little girl in November - babies are so fun!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails