Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick and Easy Broccoli and Rice Casserole

Hello folks,

I wanted to share a recipe with you today. Must apologize for the lack of pics, but I assure you its quick, easy, and tasty :)

Note, this recipe uses a German seasoning packet, I would replace that stateside with a cream soup (mushroom, chicken ect).

Ingredients:
2 Knorr Broccoli Graten Packets (Or cream soup)
2 cup rice
100 grams cheese of your choice
400 grams or 1 head broccoli

Start by blanching your broccoli, cooking your rice, and mixing the seasoning packet according to the label. I did it all at the same time on the stove top, but you could easily do the rice and broccoli in advance. At the same time pre heat your oven to 230c. 

Grease a baking dish and mix the cooked ingredients together.

Add half of the cheese and stir into the mix. Spread the second half along the top.

Baked for 20-25 minutes.  

:)

Serves 2-3

You can also make tons of variations by adding in other ingredients, next time I plan to add bacon cubes. 

 



2 comments:

Lola P said...

That sounds yummy. I will have to make this. Thanks for sharing.

cathy jones said...

I second Lola's comment, will have to add that to my recipe box...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails