Ok, I admit it is not as easy as a meal in a box, it has a few more steps and cannot be made on the stove top. But you know what, when you are craving food from home it sure is nice, and I am willing to bet a bit better when you consider all the rubbish they add in the box mixes.
This will easily serve 4-6 people. It is enough for 2 meals for our family, and if I really wanted I could make a lunch of it too for me.
Homemade Tuna Helper
1 bag noodles of your choice
1 small container sour cream
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons salt (optional)
1/2- 3/4 bag shredded cheese
2 cans tuna
1 can peas
1. Boil your noodles until they are no longer firm but not fully cooked
2. At the same time, melt your butter in a sauce pan, once melted add your salt and flour and wisk until fully blended. Bring to a boil.
3. In the same sauce pan add your milk and bring to a boil, then add your cheese and stir until melted. You should have a thick sticky sauce
4. Grease a baking dish, in this dish mix your tuna, peas and sour cream. Proceed to add your noodles and sauce and mix well.
5. Bake on 180 celsius for 30 minutes