Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Christmas in Germany




Toni was excited to see his family of course, and very happy to get a few days off of work. Christmas wasn't such an easy holiday for me. It was really an eye opener to how far away I am from my family. Thanksgiving was my first holiday away from home, but I really felt it on Christmas. 
Christmas Day we went to Toni's mothers house for dinner. They all ate Goose, but I was too freaked out, so I tried oh so politely to shift my serving onto Toni's plates, but note to the wise subtle acts do not go unnoticed in Germany. 

As you can see I was very excited over my new mixer. Now that we have an apartment, I can actually put it to use. 

Overall it was a nice holiday. I enjoyed spending Christmas with Toni's family, and getting to experience the German version of the holiday. But there were so many things I missed about home. As much as I love it here, I can't wait to celebrate the holidays again in America.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails